Originally called “The Highlands,” Zartman House, a landmark building on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1827 and serves as our administration building. In 2004, we retrofitted this historic farmhouse with a geothermal heat pump system that uses the constant temperature of the ground to help heat and cool the building in an energy-efficient manner.
During the 2004 renovation, we used low VOC (volatile organic compounds) emitting carpet, paints, and adhesives to improve indoor air quality. Efficient lighting was installed to reduce energy use. We also put in carpet made from recycled fibers throughout the building.
Architect: Outerbridge Horsey Associates, PLLC
Project Management: JFW Inc.