In keeping with the policies of the former Kenworthy Gym, the Athletic Center and Wannan Gym are available for rental starting September 1, 2010. Payment of a rental fee entitles the renter to use of the two southern courts but does not include use of the weight room, jogging track and locker rooms. Due to the school’s ongoing programmatic space requirements, rental hours are Monday–Friday from 7:00–11:00 p.m., Saturday 3:30–11:00 p.m., and Sunday 6:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. To reserve the southern courts, please contact email@example.com.
College Age Alumni Summer Gym Rental
In 2008, the Alumni Office and Auxiliary Programs Office began offering a reduced fee for college-age alumni interested in renting the basketball courts. Through this special, alumni who are still in college can rent Wannan Gym at a reduced rate between SFS graduation and the start of the 2011 academic year. The group must have a designated point person who serves as the liaison to Auxiliary Programs by signing the rental agreement, collecting the fee, and returning completed waiver forms. The college-age alumni group adheres to the same rental agreement and policies as all other rental groups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turf Field Rental
As of September 12, 2010, Sidwell Friends School will be renting the field hockey turf athletic field at the front of Wisconsin Avenue. This rental option is on a pilot basis and rentals will be on Sundays only. Priority will be given to Sidwell Friends families, alumni, and faculty and staff. The new turf football field is not available for rent at this time. For the rental application form, please visit the rentals page or contact email@example.com.
1. All payments must be made to Sidwell Friends School one week prior to the event. Any cancellations must be reported within 24 hours of the scheduled rental or the monies paid will not be refunded. There is a $200, non-refundable holding cost due with the signed contract for all rentals with the exception of gym rentals for team practices.
2. Groups that do not arrive within 10 minutes must report to the Security Office as the building will be locked.
3. There is no loitering prior or post the rental time. All people must vacate the premises within 20 minutes of the end of the rental time.
4. Rental groups must remove all of its property upon leaving the premises. Sidwell Friends does not provide any equipment such as sports equipment or catering supplies. At cost to the rental group, Sidwell Friends can provide tables and chairs for specific events.
5. Rental groups must hold Sidwell Friends harmless for all loss, liability, cost, expense (including attorney’s fees) incurred in connection with any damage (property or bodily) on the Sidwell Friends School premises during the rental agreement.
6. The rental group will have to submit proof of insurance or sign a waiver form holding Sidwell Friends harmless.
7. No smoking, alcohol, or drugs are permitted on the campus.
8. Any use of Sidwell Friends' name or photography must be cleared in advance by the Associate Head of School's office at 202-537-8108.
9. When the School is closed due to inclement weather conditions, all facilities will be closed, including the gymnasiums. You may call the security office at 202-537-8197 to confirm.