MS After School Program
Click here to REGISTER NOW for 2013-2014 After School Program and Shuttle
Click here to MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT. You can access your account to handle payments, update contact information and change your password here.
The After School program will take place in the Middle School 5/6 Art Room on the first floor. Pick-up will be from the Middle School. During the 1 hour Study Hall time, individual and group workrooms will be available to facilitate productive homework time. Participants will have supervised access to the Computer Lab on a daily basis.
For the 2013-2014 school year, the fee for the MS After School program will be $2700.
All Aftercare applications should be completed using our online system. To register online, please click the "Register Now" link on the right side of this page. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Auxiliary Programs Office at 202-537-8133.
- Students currently receiving Financial Aid may apply for assistance for the After School program.
- MS Students may "drop-in" at a rate of $25/day. In order to be eligible for drop-in, guardians must complete the online drop-in registration by clicking the "Register Now" link above. Guardians must call (202) 537-8403 (or 202-537-8133) or email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to reserve a drop-in spot.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday After School Program Schedule:
- 3:50 to 4:00 Group Meeting
- 4:00 to 4:45 Homework Block
- 4:45 to 6:00 Games & Activities, Optional Homework Time
Tuesday After School Program Schedule:
- 2:25-2:35 Group Meeting
2:35 Homework Block
- 3:35 to 6:00 Games & Activities, Optional Homework Time
Friday After School Program Schedule:
- 3:50-4:00 Group Meeting
- 4:00 to 6:00 Games & Activities
Late Pick up Policy
Participants must be picked up by 6pm or a late fee at a rate of $6 for each five minutes will be charged.
Rules and Regulations for ALL After-School Participants:
- Daily check-in time with the supervisors of the program is by 3:45pm (2:45pm on Tuesday), unless the student arrives with a valid written excuse.
- No student is permitted to wander around in the Middle School building after 3:45pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and 2:45pm Tuesdays. Please double check that you have all books and materials needed for Study Hall because you may not go back to retrieve them.
- There will be Study Hall every day except for Fridays and special occasions. Therefore, please come prepared to do homework, or if you have no homework, you must bring a book to read.
- All students must ask for permission if they are going ANYWHERE outside of the program area and then must write the location next to their name on the sign-in sheet so that all supervisors can be accountable for all students.
- It is Sidwell Friends School policy that students are not permitted to leave campus while under the supervision of Sidwell Friends staff.
- No student is allowed outside after having signed-in with After School WITHOUT supervision.
- Any student who has permission from their parents to sign out on their own needs to bring this in writing prior to doing so.
SFS Shuttle Information
Sidwell Friends contracts with an independent bus company to provide shuttle service between the Lower and Middle/Upper School campuses. To register for the shuttle bus please click the "Register Now" link at the right side of the page. The annual cost for ridership will be $800 for one way, and $1150 for round trip. Any questions about the shuttle bus should be directed to the Auxiliary Programs Office at 202-537-8133. Shuttle bus departure times are as follows:
7:20 AM Depart Lower School
7:45 AM Arrive Upper School
7:50 AM Depart Upper School
8:15 AM Arrive Lower School
3:20 PM Depart Lower School
3:40 PM Arrive Upper School
3:50 PM Depart Upper School
4:10 PM Arrive Lower School
SPARC is an acronym for Special Programs After Regular Classes, a series of workshops offered each year. To register for a MS SPARC program, please click the Registration link at the top right of this page. The MS SPARC registration link will be available in mid-August for the Fall session, mid-December for the Winter session, and mid-March for the spring. Please check back here for updates!