MS After School Program
2015-2016 REGISTER NOW
for 2015-16 AfterCare, Early Risers, Shuttle, SPARC, and Music Lessons.
for next school year programs: 2016-17 AfterCare, Early Risers, Shuttle, SPARC, Music Lessons, and KickStart!
Click here to MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT. You can access your account to handle payments, update contact information and change your password here.
The After School program will take place in the Middle School 5/6 Art Room on the first floor. Pick-up will be from the Middle School. During the 1 hour Study Hall time, individual and group workrooms will be available to facilitate productive homework time. Participants will have supervised access to the Computer Lab on a daily basis.
For the 2015-2016 school year, the fee for the MS After School program will be $2800.
All Aftercare applications should be completed using our online system. To register online, please click the "Register Now" link on the right side of this page. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Auxiliary Programs Office at 202-537-8133.
- Students currently receiving Financial Aid may apply for assistance for the After School program.
- MS Students may "drop-in" at a rate of $25/day. In order to be eligible for drop-in, guardians must complete the online drop-in registration by clicking the "Register Now" link above. Guardians must call or 202-537-8133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to reserve a drop-in spot.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday After School Program Schedule:
- 3:50 to 4:00 Group Meeting
- 4:00 to 4:45 Homework Block
- 4:45 to 6:00 Games & Activities, Optional Homework Time
Tuesday After School Program Schedule:
- 2:25-2:35 Group Meeting
2:35 Homework Block
- 3:35 to 6:00 Games & Activities, Optional Homework Time
Friday After School Program Schedule:
- 3:50-4:00 Group Meeting
- 4:00 to 6:00 Games & Activities
Late Pick up Policy
Participants must be picked up by 6pm or a late fee at a rate of $6 for each five minutes will be charged.
Rules and Regulations for ALL After-School Participants:
- Daily check-in time with the supervisors of the program is by 3:45pm (2:45pm on Tuesday), unless the student arrives with a valid written excuse.
- No student is permitted to wander around in the Middle School building after 3:45pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and 2:45pm Tuesdays. Please double check that you have all books and materials needed for Study Hall because you may not go back to retrieve them.
- There will be Study Hall every day except for Fridays and special occasions. Therefore, please come prepared to do homework, or if you have no homework, you must bring a book to read.
- All students must ask for permission if they are going ANYWHERE outside of the program area and then must write the location next to their name on the sign-in sheet so that all supervisors can be accountable for all students.
- It is Sidwell Friends School policy that students are not permitted to leave campus while under the supervision of Sidwell Friends staff.
- No student is allowed outside after having signed-in with After School WITHOUT supervision.
- Any student who has permission from their parents to sign out on their own needs to bring this in writing prior to doing so.
MS After School Program Drop Ins
MS After School Program also offers a Drop-In Program for families with an occasional need for After School Program. Requests for Drop-Ins must be made at least 24 hours in advance since there is limited space available based on daily Aftercare enrollment and staff, you must receive confirmation that space is available.
PLEASE NOTE: Families must complete the online Aftercare Drop-in Program registration prior to requesting a drop-in. Click the "Register Now" link above to complete the application.
SFS Shuttle Information
Sidwell Friends contracts with an independent bus company to provide shuttle service between the Lower and Middle/Upper School campuses. To register for the shuttle bus please click the "Register Now" link at the right side of the page. The annual cost for ridership will be $900 for one way, and $1325 for round trip. Any questions about the shuttle bus should be directed to the Auxiliary Programs Office at 202-537-8133. Shuttle bus departure times are as follows:
7:20 AM Depart Lower School
7:45 AM Arrive Upper School
7:50 AM Depart Upper School
8:15 AM Arrive Lower School
3:20 PM Depart Lower School
3:40 PM Arrive Upper School
3:50 PM Depart Upper School
4:10 PM Arrive Lower School
TUESDAY EARLY DISMISSAL:
2:05 PM Depart Lower School
2:25 PM Arrive Upper School
2:35 PM Depart Upper School
2:55 PM Arrive Lower School
MS SPARC Classes
Robotics and Chess classes take place throughout the school year. Please call 202-537-8133 to find out more!
KickStart: A Summer Review for Current SFS Middle School Students
Dates: July 5 – 29 8:30 – 11:30 AM
Fees: $25 application fee and the course is $1400. Financial Aid is available.
Click here to REGISTER NOW. Please choose Middle School, then SPARC to find the Kickstart option.
Students wishing to make a full day program can combine with afternoon workshops in ExploreStar by contacting the Summer Office at email@example.com or 202-537-8133.
This Middle School program is an opportunity for Sidwell students to hone their skills in order to get the most out of the upcoming school year. Designed for rising 6’s, 7’s and 8’s, the full morning will incorporate language arts and math in a full morning program taught by our Sidwell Middle School teachers.
Math each day will give practice in topics covered the year before, and small groups will offer opportunities to differentiate instruction and to pursue creative learning projects. A hallmark of math class will be an emphasis on the building of problem solving skills and the application of computational skills.
Language Arts will extend a student’s practice in reading and writing. Reading will incorporate both fiction and nonfiction material and will include a preview of the summer reading selection for each grade. Building on the program of the year before, students will focus on writing a strong, persuasive paragraph, with an emphasis on written mechanics. Students will also review grammar and parts of speech.