Thank you for your interest in Sidwell Friends.
We’re so pleased you’re connecting with us through our website and hope you will enjoy reading about Sidwell Friends School. There’s a wealth of information available and we hope you’ll join us on campus early this fall to become acquainted with us. The admissions process is underway! We have carefully outlined each step for you to make it easier to navigate and complete all steps of your application before January 6, 2023. While the requirements for each application grade differ slightly, the following list should be helpful as an overview of what you and your applicant should expect to accomplish during this process. Please keep in mind that all requirements are due on or before January 6, 2023.
- Submission of family information form, required
- Participation in an In-person tour on campus, optional but recommended
- Attending at least one virtual info-session, optional but recommended
- Your applicant’s participation in assessment or group visit, required
- Teachers’ submission of recommendation(s), required
- Request and submit school report cards or transcripts, required for most grades
- Your applicant’s independent completion of their essays, required for 5th grade and up
- Attending a family meeting, required
- If interested, begin request for financial aid, available at School and Student Services online starting October 1, 2022
- Log into Ravenna to receive your admissions decision on March 3, 2023.
students of color
$47,200 (PK-Grade 2)
$49,040 (Grades 3-4)
$51,240 (Grades 5-8)
$51,650 (Grades 9-12)
tuition for 2022/23
of students receive financial aid
annual financial aid budget
average financial aid award
Sidwell Friends School prohibits discrimination and harassment against any member of the School community on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, sex, personal appearance, genetic information, economic background, political affiliation, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Read more about non-discrimination policies and contact information here.
Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management
Tannie rey zapata
SAMANTHA Kirby CARUTH
Assistant Director of Admissions, PK – 6th
Assistant Director of Admissions, 7th – 12th
Coordinator for Outreach and Digital Content