Thank you for your interest in applying to Sidwell Friends School.
Decisions for applications submitted between September 1, 2019 and December 16, 2019 will be released on March 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm. EST. Log in to your Ravenna profile to view decisions.
Student Revisit Days and Welcome Events
9th grade - Tuesday, March 10 or Wednesday, March 11
6th, 7th grade - Wednesday, March 11
PK, K, 3rd grade, 4th grade - Thursday, March 12
The deadline for our first round of applications has passed and the late application process is now underway. Late applications are reviewed if space becomes available after the regular admissions process ends - typically during late spring and early summer. If a space becomes available then, a member of our Admissions staff will contact applicant families about a tour and/or interview. If you would like to submit a late application, please click on the “How to Apply” button and if you have questions, please contact us!
Sidwell Friends by the Numbers
students of color
tuition for 2019/20
of students receive financial aid
annual financial aid budget
average financial aid award
Here is a list of the questions we are most often asked by families who are interested in applying to Sidwell Friends. We hope it is helpful to you as you begin the process, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Admissions Office for assistance.
- How many students does Sidwell Friends have in each division?
- In which grades does Sidwell Friends admit new students?
- What is the student-teacher ratio?
- What are the hours of the school day?
- Does Sidwell Friends provide lunch?
- Does Sidwell Friends have before-school and after-school care?
- Which grades offer interscholastic sports?
- Is bus transportation available?
- What is the application process for families who live out of town or overseas?