Thank you for your interest in Sidwell Friends!
While our campus is closed, please join us for a Virtual Admissions Information Session to learn more about the School.
Lower School – August 8 at 11:00 a.m.
Sign Up For A Virtual Information session
We hope to “see” you soon!
Interested in applying for Fall 2021?
The application process begins in September. Visit the How to Apply page to create an account on our online system now to view upcoming summer virtual events as well as fall events and admissions activities.
students of color
tuition for 2019/20
of students receive financial aid
annual financial aid budget
average financial aid award
Here is a list of the questions we are most often asked by families who are interested in applying to Sidwell Friends. We hope it is helpful to you as you begin the process, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Admissions Office for assistance.
- How many students does Sidwell Friends have in each division?
- In which grades does Sidwell Friends admit new students?
- What is the student-teacher ratio?
- What are the hours of the school day?
- Does Sidwell Friends provide lunch?
- Does Sidwell Friends have before-school and after-school care?
- Which grades offer interscholastic sports?
- Is bus transportation available?
- What is the application process for families who live out of town or overseas?
Sidwell Friends School prohibits discrimination and harassment against any member of the School community on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, sex, personal appearance, genetic information, economic background, political affiliation, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Read more about non-discrimination policies and contact information, including Title IX, here.