The School’s commitment to environmental stewardship extends to our kitchens and cafeterias.
Our food is locally sourced:
- We use the freshest, healthiest, and closest ingredients available.
- We buy from local orchards, growers, and suppliers during the growing season to reduce the impact of long-distance deliveries on natural resources.
- Our grass-fed, hormone- and antibiotic-free milk comes from a local dairy.
- We support local communities and promote increased food safety.
We serve it sensibly:
- We rely on recyclable, renewable, biodegradable, and compostable single-use products.
- We reduce food waste by using leftovers creatively.
- We conserve water and electricity.
And we practice environmentally friendly clean-up:
- We compost all table scraps and kitchen scraps. We partner with a local composting organization and other Quaker schools to close the loop, renewing food waste to make fresh new farmable soil.
- We use environmentally sound cleaning products.